arteBA´14 Contemporary Art Fair
arteBA Contemporary Art Fair, that will take place from May 23 to May 26, 2014, is the most popular cultural event in the city of Buenos Aires and the most important one of its kind in Latin America. arteBA is an art exhibition where art galleries display their best artworks, offering the general public the chance to come face to face with truly unique collectors’ pieces. It is also an opportunity for the newer art centers from all over the region to present their younger artists and reveal the very latest trends, which are simply absent from other art fairs. 100 carefully selected galleries from Latin America, North America and Europe will exhibit works by the most outstanding contemporary artists at this great cultural event.
The Fair will be divided into several sections:
- Main Section: Established galleries chosen by a renowned selection committee.
- Cabinet LAN: A specific area within the galleries booths in the main section of the fair. In Cabinet, one or more works by a single artist are exhibited. The aim of the section is to show important, unique, or emblematic works by modern and contemporary artists.
- Dixit Petrobras: This section will offer works by artists to museums and private collections through their galleries.
- U-TURN Project Rooms by Mercedes Benz: A curator invites galleries to present a specific project featuring up to three artists and selects each work to be exhibited.
- Solo Show Arcos Dorados of Latin American Painting: Six Latin American artists participate compete with one work each for a purchase prize of USD 15,000 in the Latin American Painting Competition.
- Barrio Joven Chandon: Section for young Argentine and foreign galleries focused mainly on Latin American artists.
- Photobooth City: galleries present photographs by historical and contemporary artists.
- Isla de Ediciones Fundación Proa: sale of individual volumes and collections that provide theoretical support and information on contemporary art.
The OPEN FORUM 2014 will be held with free admission in the fair’s auditorium, designed by architect Clorindo Testa, with conferences by over 20 international lecturers.
These are just a few of the many activities programmed for this year's exhibition. For more information, visit arteBA'14 official website.
Location: La Rural Exhibition Center. Blue and Green Pavilions. Av. Sarmiento 2704, Buenos AiresDates and hours: May 23 - 26, 2014 / 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm
General: AR $90
Students and Senior citizens: AR $45
2 day pass: AR$ 140
Unlimited pass: AR$ 180
Unlimited pass + catalog: AR$ 250
Catalog: AR$ 135