7th Buenos Aires International Circus Festival
The 7th Buenos Aires International Circus Festival, organized by the Ministry of Culture of the City of Buenos Aires, will take place between May 7 and May 17, 2015.
The Festival will offer the public unique experiences, outstanding artistic performances, and fun national and international shows and performances by Circus companies from France, Spain, Australia, Canada, Sweden, and Argentina, focusing on contemporary circus.
The Shows presented by the International companies are:
- Circonferencia sobre el palo chino (La Scabreuse, France)
- Pals (Cíclicus, Spain)
- Vigilia (La compagnie du chaos, France)
- A Simple Space (Gravity & Other Myths, Australia)
- Acrobates (Stéphane Ricordel y Olivier Meyrou / Le Monfort, France)
- Cuisine & Confessions (Les 7 doigts de la main, Canada)
- Underart - Oda a un aterrizaje forzoso (Cirkus Cirkör, Sweden)
And the shows by Argentinian companies are:
- Circo Barlovento (Barlovento)
- Circo de Alta Alcurnia (Los hermanos Boloño)
- Clake (Circo Amarillo)
- Cinco pal peso (Circo El Conventillo)
- Fuera! (Proyecto María Peligro)
- Maravilla. Escenas de un mundo extraño! (La meteorológica del Circo Da Vinci)
- Puro Bla Bla (Los Bla Bla)
- Rauch (Rauch)
The shows by Argentine companies are free of charge. Free tickets must be picked up in advance at Centro Cultural San Martin, Sarmiento 1551, 11 am to 8 pm. Maximum of 4 tickets per show per person.
Ticket for International shows have a cost of AR$120, and AR$70 on reduced price days. Advanced tickets can be purchased at the following points of sale:
* Centro Cultural General San Martin: Sarmiento 1554, Centro. 10 am to 8 pm
* Buenos Aires Polo Circo: Av Juan de Garay 2051 & Combate de Los Pozos, Parque Patricios, 11 am to 7 pm
* Complejo Cultutal Teatro 25 de Mayo, Av. Triunvirato 4444 (Villa Urquiza), 10 am to 8 pm.
Several big tops will be put up at "Buenos Aires Polo Circo", Av Juan de Garay 2051, in the neighborhood of Parque Patricios, and there will be activities in these other venues:
Centro Cultural San Martín, Sarmiento 1551
Complejo Cultural Teatro 25 de Mayo, Triunvirato 4444
For more information on each show and day by day schedules, visit the Buenos Aires International Circus Festival website.