Buenos Aires is a vibrant city, renowned for its marvelous art and culture, welcoming people, great food and wines, and lively nightlife. In this site you will find all the information you need to know about Buenos Aires: current and upcoming cultural and sports events, places to visit, where to stay, the best museums, the most beautiful buildings and monuments. Below on the right you will find all this information listed by "Category".
And for the planning of your visit to Buenos Aires, I can offer my personal assistance organizing your itinerary and finding accommodation, as well as booking different services and activities, such as: City Tours; Day Trips; Tango Lessons; Tango Shows; Polo Lessons; Polo Vacations; Soccer Experience; Art Tours; Exclusive "off the beaten path" shopping tours, Argentine Cooking Classes, and much more!! (click for details).
- A special place that represents the Greek Agora, dedicated to questions from the public and debate with philosophers.
- Theater plays
- Music: live bands and DJs
- Individual lectures
- Visual Arts
- Workshops for kids
Two important events will take place this Wednesday, May 25th and Saturday, May 28th of 2016 for the celebration of the National Holiday, the May Revolution.
At the Festival that will take place on Avenida de Mayo and Bolivar on Saturday, May 28th, more than 40 foreign communities will gather to pay tribute to Argentina in one of the most important celebrations of the year.
On the other hand, the Mataderos Fair - that celebrates it´s 30th anniversary this year - will start the celebration on Wednesday 25th at 11 am with a grand Pericón, where all the audience is invited to dance together with traditional dance groups.
- contemporary jewelry
- home decor objects
- digital design
- graphic design
- contemporary craftsmanship
- textile development
The Gran Premio Internacional 25 de Mayo, one of the most important classic races in the Argentine horse racing calendar, will take place on the National Holiday of Wednesday, May 25th, 2016 at Hipodromo de San Isidro.
The race day will be made up of a total of 17 races, including 3 G1 Great Prizes, from 1:00 pm to 8.25 pm.
The main event of the day, the Great Prize Gran Premio Internacional 25 de Mayo – Copa Dr. Enrique Olivera (G1), run on a distance of 2400 meters on grass track, will take place at 6:05 pm, and is part of the international system "Win And You’re In The Breeders’ Cup Championship", by which the winner automatically classifies to compete at the Breeders´ Cup Turf in Santa Anita (USA).
During the day there will be activities for the whole family, including activities for children, and food trucks offering typical Argentinian dishes.
Entrance is free of charge.
Access to Hipodromo de San Isidro:
Av. Marquez & Av. Santa Fe, San Isidro
Rotonda Av. Marquez & Av. Fleming, San Isidro, Buenos Aires.
|Gentileza arteBA Fundación|
43 foreign art galleries from Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, United States, Uruguay, together with 42 Argentine art galleries, with 400 artists, will exhibit their most outstanding works at this great cultural event, that celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.
- Main Section: Established galleries chosen by a renowned selection committee.
- Cabinet: A specific area within the galleries booths in the main section of the fair. In Cabinet, one or more works by a single artist are exhibited. The aim of the section is to show important, unique, or emblematic works by modern and contemporary artists.
- Dixit 25th Anniversary Edition: an exhibition at the fair on “25 years of Argentine art.” This section will present works by outstanding Argentine artists for museums and private collections, through the artists’ galleries.
- U-TURN Project Rooms by Mercedes Benz: A curator invites galleries to present a specific project featuring up to three artists and selects each work to be exhibited.
- Solo Show Zurich: On this year’s proposal, it will explore the body as an artistic tool through multiple disciplines, such as painting, performance and video.
- Barrio Joven Chandon: Section for young Argentine and foreign galleries focused mainly on Latin American artists.
- Photobooth City: galleries present photographs by historical and contemporary artists.
- Isla de Ediciones Fundación Proa: sale of individual volumes and collections that provide theoretical support and information on contemporary art.
General: AR $160