arteBA´15 Contemporary Art Fair
|Gentileza arteBA Fundación|
arteBA Contemporary Art Fair, that will take place from June 4 to June 7, 2015, is the most popular cultural event in the city of Buenos Aires and the most important one of its kind in Latin America. arteBA is an art exhibition where art galleries display their best artworks, offering the general public the chance to come face to face with truly unique collectors’ pieces. It is also an opportunity for the newer art centers from all over the region to present their younger artists and reveal the very latest trends, which are simply absent from other art fairs. 100 carefully selected galleries from Latin America, North America and Europe will exhibit works by the most outstanding contemporary artists at this great cultural event.
The Fair will be divided into several sections:
- Main Section: Established galleries chosen by a renowned selection committee.
- Cabinet: A specific area within the galleries booths in the main section of the fair. In Cabinet, one or more works by a single artist are exhibited. The aim of the section is to show important, unique, or emblematic works by modern and contemporary artists.
- Dixit Axion: This section will offer works by artists to museums and private collections through their galleries.
- U-TURN Project Rooms by Mercedes Benz: A curator invites galleries to present a specific project featuring up to three artists and selects each work to be exhibited.
- Solo Show Zurich: A curator invites six artists and their galleries to participate with individual exhibitions.
- Barrio Joven Chandon: Section for young Argentine and foreign galleries focused mainly on Latin American artists.
- Photobooth City: galleries present photographs by historical and contemporary artists.
- Isla de Ediciones Fundación Proa: sale of individual volumes and collections that provide theoretical support and information on contemporary art.
The OPEN FORUM 2015 will be held with free admission in the fair’s auditorium with conferences by international lecturers.
These are just a few of the many activities programmed for this year's exhibition. For more information, visit arteBA'15 official website.
Location: La Rural Exhibition Center. Blue and Green Pavilions. Av. Sarmiento 2704, Buenos AiresDates and hours: June 4 - 7 2015 / 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm
General: AR $120
Students and Senior citizens: AR $60
2 day pass: AR$ 190
4 day pass: AR$ 240
4 day pass + catalog: AR$ 340
Catalog: AR$ 150